Welcome to the SB Moms Club!










Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Art of Relaxation

Actually, I think it's a skill... one of those that looks and sounds a whole easier than it actually is. Relaxing is like hula hooping, or ice skating. If you watch someone who is really good at it, they can make it look so easy!


Well, I am not good at it. Not at all.


Oh, I have tried to build up my relaxation stamina. But, ironically, doing nothing but breathing is very difficult for me!

I'm guessing that most members of our club would say the same kinds of things. Our minds are always racing. We have the regular mom things to think about, and on top of that all the layers of spina bifida distractions.


So, my very first area of focus is Breathing. I'm putting it first because I think it might take me several weeks to get good at it.



For 5 minutes every day I will become that woman in the chair.



I'm thinking the Women's Heart Foundation website will be a good resource. Check out their exercise and nutrition section.

http://www.womensheart.org/

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment